If your suede is looking a little worse for wear, don’t despair! With a little care and the right products, you can restore it to its former glory. At Mr. Fresh Laundry Services in Woodbridge, we specialize in dry cleaning, washing, folding and pressing, hand washing, and the cleaning of specialized items — including suede! In today’s blog posts, our experts are sharing how to wash suede, and if you’d rather leave the laundry to the pros, contact our team today!
What Is Suede?
Suede is a type of leather with a napped, velvet-like finish. It’s often used for clothing, shoes, and furniture upholstery. While it looks and feels luxurious, it can be difficult to care for. When suede gets wet, the nap can become matted and discolored. And if you’re not careful when cleaning it, you could end up ruining the material entirely!
How To Wash Suede
- Remove any loose dirt or debris with a soft brush. Don’t scrub too hard, as this could damage the fabric.
- Make a solution of mild soap and water, and gently sponge the stained areas.
- Rinse the soap off with clean water, being careful not to saturate the suede.
- Allow the piece to air dry completely before using it again.
How to Protect Your Suede Items
The best way to keep your suede looking its best is to prevent stains in the first place! Here are a few tips:
- Avoid wearing your suede in rainy or snowy weather. If you do get it wet, blot the moisture with a clean, dry towel.
- Be careful when eating or drinking around your suede furniture or clothing.
- Keep your suede away from direct sunlight, as this can cause fading.
- If you’re going to be storing your suede for an extended period of time, wrap it in acid-free tissue paper. This will help protect it from dust and dirt.
Need Help Cleaning Your Suede? Contact Mr. Fresh Laundry Services!
If you don’t have the time or patience to clean your suede, our experts at Mr. Fresh Laundry Services can help! We offer a wide range of laundry and dry cleaning services, and we’re always happy to assist with any specialty items. Contact us today in Woodbridge to learn more!