While washing machines and dryers are an efficient way to wash clothes, they’re not the best choice for every garment! The gentlest way to wash items is by hand washing, and if you have delicate clothes, like lingerie or garments made from silk or lace, handwashing may be the way to go.
Learn more about handwashing clothes, and if you’d rather leave the laundry to the pros, schedule laundry pickup from Mr. Fresh Laundry Services today! We offer hand washing and cleaning of specialized items and provide laundry delivery service for everyone in Woodbridge.
Clothes That Should Be Hand Washed
- Delicate fabrics: Silk, velvet, rayon, wool, cashmere, and other delicate materials can be damaged by the washing machine.
- Clothes with embellishments: Beading, sequins, and other decorations can come off in the wash and get caught on other garments.
- Clothes that are hand-painted or dyed: You don’t want the color to run!
How to Hand Wash Clothes
1. Fill a sink or basin with lukewarm water and add a small amount of mild detergent.
2. Immerse the garment in the water and gently agitate it to release any dirt or grime.
3. Soak for 10-15 minutes.
Rinse & Dry
4. Rinse the garment in clean, lukewarm water.
5. Gently squeeze out any excess water and lay the garment on a clean towel to dry.
6. Repeat if necessary.
When Should I Dry Clean Clothes Instead of Handwashing?
Dry cleaning is a good option for clothing that is made from delicate or sensitive materials, like silk, wool, or leather. It’s also a good choice for clothes that are heavily soiled or stained. If you’re not sure whether an item should be dry cleaned, check the care label.
Here at Mr. Fresh Laundry, we offer dry cleaning services as well as washing, folding, pressing, hand washing, and the cleaning of specialty items. Learn more about our laundry services and contact us today to get started!